Jennifer Carroll
Jennifer Carroll
  • Waynesboro, VA

Hot Cocoa Mix DIY Gift Bag

Tis this season for lots of parties and presents - which at times can be really overwhelming. It's nice to have a few easy gift ideas you can create in advance or in a hurry. Here I'm sharing a sweet and simple Hot Cocoa Mix DIY gift bag that is sure to please!
hot cocoa mix diy gift bag, crafts
I'm a big believer in the importance of pretty packaging. Here I use some plaid bags that came from the dollar bins at Target! woo-hoo, gotta love a deal like that!
hot cocoa mix diy gift bag, crafts
Store bought hot cocoa mix is a great base for this. A few sprinkles and some mini-marshmallows are all you need to dress this up. If you really want to spice things up, you could add some cinnamon and cayenne pepper for a Mexican Hot Cocoa blend!
hot cocoa mix diy gift bag, crafts
Pour your mix into a clear treat bag (and then put it in the fabric bag). Place the treat bag in a mug for stability while you are filling it.
hot cocoa mix diy gift bag, crafts
A pipe cleaner (cut in half) makes a sparkly twist tie and makes it easy for recipients to get in and out of the bag - especially if you put mix in for multiple servings.
Hop over to the blog for more photos and details. Thank you!!
Jennifer Carroll

• Sherry Fram

What a great gift idea and so pretty in the bag! Thanks for sharing!

• Cinda Roudebush

I make my own mix with Cocoa Powder, Powdered Milk and artificial Sweetner. mix together and taste test for sweetness.