East Coast Upcyclers
East Coast Upcyclers
  • Sykesville, MD

Sentimental Old Dresser Into a Beautiful Storage Bench

My great gramdmother gave me this dresser when I was born. It travelled with me to college and then 3 different houses. It's definitely seen better days. But I just didn't have the heat to throw it away. So, instead....
sentimental old dresser into a beautiful storage bench, outdoor furniture, painted furniture, storage ideas
I upcycled it into a funky storage bench!
Step1:cut it at the top of the first drawer.
Step 2: try your best to salvage the top! Hopefully you'll get lucky and the top won't be glued. Flip it over and look for screws and pop them out. Also, pull all the screw out and you won't need to find a single new screw!
Step 3: if you're worried the wood isn't sturdy enough then pull out some of the hardware or slides and screw and glue them into the slide for added support.
Step 4: turn both the top and bottom pieces over, run a bead of glue where they will connect, pre drill holes and put screw in to hold them together.
Flip it over and paint it if you would like... I also chose to paint the hardware. And you are finished!
Here's another shot!
Here's a tutorial video. To check out more of my projects visit east coast Upcyclers on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube or at www.eastcoastupcyclers.com
East Coast Upcyclers

• Jean Myles

Not sure if I missed it or not Is the drawer functional ? Love this idea might need to find a cheap dresser. Ty for sharing/

• Barbara

Very attractive. I'm hoping you kept the leftovers for other pieces?

• Diane

I love this piece Great Job it is just beautiful. I would like to know what or where did you get the pretty piece at the bottom. Kind of fancy piece ?