Shanna Gilbert
Shanna Gilbert
  • Wichita, KS

Magnetic Makeup Board

Having a teenage daughter means that you have messes everywhere. Clothes on the floor, towels on the bathroom floor and makeup all over the vanity. I was tired of knocking eyeshadows into the sink every time I washed my hands. I decided to find a way to organize her makeup but still keep my decor looking the way I wanted it to.
magnetic makeup board, crafts, repurposing upcycling
I looked for a big frame but everywhere I went they were $60 or more. That was more than I wanted to spend so I started looking at yard sales. I found this one for $5 and I removed the mirror.
I bought a big piece of sheet metal at Lowes. I spray painted it a black satin and coated it in a satin poly.
I attached the metal to the frame and hung it on my daughter's bathroom wall. I bought magnetic tape at Lowe's and cut strips and attached them to my daughter's makeup with hot glue.
The magnets on the back of the makeup stick to the sheet of metal.
It's a great way to keep a teen's bathroom organized!
Shanna Gilbert

• Lara Hickerson

Love love love this idea!! You could also look for magnetic hooks and hang jewelry to the board as well 😊

• Trish

I did not know about the magnetic tape, guess I'm behind the times but now that I know a whole batch of ideas come to mind. Thanks.

• Ellen Griffith

You can use the same idea with spices in small containers. Hint, metal containers on a metal cookie sheets!!!!