We Did It

I won't lie and tell you that this was easy...it wasn't. It took a ton of arm and back strength. Was it worth it? Absolutely!!!
If you are thinking about trying it in one of your rooms, give yourself at least 2 weekends to complete. You will also need 1 week after completion to sleep in another room because of the stain smell.
Rick and I purchased the pine wood boards at Home Depot. We chose different widths so the ceiling wouldn't look uniform. When we got it home, my husband beat it up.
Then we stained it in our garage. We also put a coat of poly on each board. Full details on colors are on my blog, but the idea was to not use the same shade over and over. We wanted it to look rustic, and also tie in the wood tones from the plantation shutters, furniture, wood frame, and floor.
We used a nail gun and nailed the boards in the same location on the board into the floor joists. We explain all of that on my blog (link at bottom of post).
We also burned our names into one of the boards for a fun personalized look.
It makes it hard to get out of bed now because all I want to do is stare at my ceiling. For more information visit my blog or send me a note, I would love to hear from you.
Redheadcandecorate.com

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 44 comments
Next