We Did It

I won't lie and tell you that this was easy...it wasn't. It took a ton of arm and back strength. Was it worth it? Absolutely!!!
If you are thinking about trying it in one of your rooms, give yourself at least 2 weekends to complete. You will also need 1 week after completion to sleep in another room because of the stain smell.
Rick and I purchased the pine wood boards at Home Depot. We chose different widths so the ceiling wouldn't look uniform. When we got it home, my husband beat it up.
Then we stained it in our garage. We also put a coat of poly on each board. Full details on colors are on my blog, but the idea was to not use the same shade over and over. We wanted it to look rustic, and also tie in the wood tones from the plantation shutters, furniture, wood frame, and floor.
We used a nail gun and nailed the boards in the same location on the board into the floor joists. We explain all of that on my blog (link at bottom of post).
We also burned our names into one of the boards for a fun personalized look.
It makes it hard to get out of bed now because all I want to do is stare at my ceiling. For more information visit my blog or send me a note, I would love to hear from you.

Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Redheadcandecorate.com

• Jodi

I love this! You said "We used a very powerful nail gun and nailed the boards in the same location on the board into the floor joists. (You will have to mark your floor joists first)". Did you mean ceiling joists? Did you have to shore up the ceiling first at all for the added weight?

• Linda g

OMG pat yourself on the back it is beautiful.

• Penny

looks Fantastic... I just want to jump in your bed and stay there....

i know from your comment s you did this a few years back, but I bet your still loving it. Great job, and I understand the time that went Into this amazing project, well done 😊😊😊