DIY Gallery Wall With Old Family Pictures #DIY

$10-15

Ever since we started having kids 10 years ago, we have taken family pictures each year. Every year we would take a picture, I would display it in our living room proudly. Some of those pictures are my favorite pictures ever, but when it was time to get new pictures (either adding a new kid or wanted a new one for Christmas pictures) I would take down the pictures and put them away. I loved the new pictures, but was sad that we weren't going to see the old pictures. So when we moved into our house with a huge wall in our entry way, I decided that it was time to display the old pictures proudly. My kids love looking at themselves growing up and we have room to add more each year.
I made all the frames with 1x4 wood. I cut the wood to fit a 11x14 picture. I cut 45 degree angles for the corners.
Here is how the wood looks cut. We nailed the four pieces together with a nail gun.
I painted all of the frames white with some brown marks.
Then I put in all of our pictures.
Then we nailed the frames onto the wall.
And that's it!! Here is what it looks like in our entry wall. I love it! For more details, dimension and step by step instructions, check out my blog post.

30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Kaysi Gardner

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

May I ask why you nailed them to the wall? Please don't be offended - they look great! I would think painting the wall in the future or selling the house someday would be more difficult, is all. I love the look and the simple frames you used! Great idea! I have a small closet packed full of family pictures and will use this idea - I think it would be great to see as they grow up from younger to older. My youngest is in graduate school now, so I have high school graduations, college graduations and wedding pictures (of my two oldest). My granddaughter has her own wall in the living room and loves it!

• DiannaLynne
      DiannaLynne

@Kaysi Gardner I love the idea - and wonder why I didn't think of it :::smiles::::