Make A Perfect Little Bow - Using A Fork!

Have you ever been frustrated when it came time to tie a pretty little bow to finish off that certain craft or project? Me too. I can spend way too much time fiddling and straightening, trying to make my bows look even and lay nicely - you know - trying to make those bows look just right!
Here's a little strategy that can help if your quest for a perfect bow isn't going along so well. Try using a fork!
A fork can work like a little loom, giving you something to wind your ribbon around so that your bows turn out symmetrical.
I found a larger serving size fork worked very nicely (and that's what you see in the pictures here). You can use a regular table size fork too, but you will have very tiny mini-sized bows.
All it takes is a couple times looping the ribbon back and forth through the fork and viola!
Turn the fork over, tie a knot, and you end up with a little bow that you can slip off the fork. Trim the ends and you're good to go!
If you want different sized bows you can try different tools too. For instance you can try a garden rake and burlap ribbon for a really large bow, and other utensils like a potato masher or a hair comb can also work for this method.
The photos here show each of the steps, but I've written it out in more detail on my blog. You can click the link below to go there to read the complete instructions.

Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone

• Shi2641659

The written instructions for the fork bow. Where is your boug

• Carol

@Shirley.metz Click on the http line in BLUE, just at the end of the article.

• Kathi Cassady

Been making little bows this way for years, but never thought about using a hay rake and burlap for a large one! Thanks for the tip.

• Gerda Van Gasse

This tutorial gives me the best result with just little effort !