Curtains for Cube Book Shelf #DIY

$5-10

I am a crafter- therefore I am a hoarder (isn't that the case most times?) Well in my craft room, I have those cube book shelves and as much as I love them, it's hard to keep things looking pretty and organized, unless I have a basket or a bucket in there. Have the time the bucket takes up space and I can't get as many things in the cube as I would like. I wanted to store my fabric in there but I didn't want people to walk into my craft room and see all the stuff in my shelf. So I made some fun curtains for the cubes. Not only are they hiding the mess behind them, they are super cute!!
To make the curtains, I first cut a piece of fabric the width of the cube and then about 5" (2.5" when folded in half). I hemmed the edges.
Next I took a longer piece of fabric (the height of the cube and double the width of the cube), hemmed the edges. Then I gathered the top of it.
I then put the top piece onto the ruffled piece and sewed them together. And that's it for the curtain! They were super easy to make.
I then put the curtain onto a "rod" and put it into the cube shelf. Check out my blog post to see what I used for the rod and how to put it up without damaging the shelf.
Don't they look so good in my shelf?? I love looking at them in my craft room! For more details, dimensions and step by step instructions, check out my blog post.

Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Kaysi Gardner

• Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

Wow! These look professionally designed. In the first photo there's a big gap between shelves, it looks like. In later photos there is no gap at all. Did you do something special to make this look like one large storage unit?
    • Kaysi Gardner
      Kaysi Gardner

there are two different shelving units so the gap is in between the two units
  • Abby Burson Tiffin
    Abby Burson Tiffin

what did you use to hang the tiny curtains??

• Terri
    Terri

I have cubbies like this would love to make these curtains, couldn't access your blog to see the short rod you used

• Jennie Elizabeth Castle
    Jennie Elizabeth Castle

Do u have a YouTube channel? I 💜 this idea