Shirley
Shirley
  • Atlanta, GA
Asked on Dec 19, 2011

looking for a shop vac. does anyone know which one is best ?

Amazing Improvements and GaragesWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.comKMS Woodworks
+5

• I have Shark and I like it a lot. Light weight and cleans well.

• The Money Pit

I have had several and like the RIDGID the best. It's super loud but is really strong.

• Shirley

I need a clarification about a response I have looked at the RIDGID and heard that is a good product but which model do you have??

• 3po3

I have always used Ridgid, even on really messy construction sites, and they work great. I think I have the old version of the 1250 - http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/WD1250-12G-Vac/EN/index.htm I also got one once as a gift from a group of volunteers. They had painted it to look like R2D2, so you could make this a craft project, too =)

• Shirley

thanks everone this has been very helpful Happy Holidays

• KMS Woodworks

I have a "shop vac" brand 8 gal. Its a good size...some of those things can be monsters. I prefer mine due to the fact that is runs a tiny bit quieter than the rigid...any shop vac is going to be screamer... Depending on what your use is (wet or dry) I recommend using a bag liner for any dry use...especially dry wall dust....keeping your primary filter clean by the use of bags is the way to go.

• Craftsman makes a pretty good vacuum. Its also easy to get bags, and filters at home centers for them other then just Sears.

• I have several of the Rigid 1450's. Good model, large enough and with the HEPA flter/bag combo, it works quite cleanly. Its generally under a hundred per unit. Good Luck !