Sally Rice
Sally Rice
  • Kitty Hawk, NC
Asked on Mar 12, 2013

Stain on bathroom sink

Gaylord and Shirley BrubakerBrooke LindemannSally Rice
+9

I accidentally let some essential oil of cloves sit on my bathroom sink for a few days (I'd not wiped the bottom of the bottle). I've tried bleach, vinegar and Dawn, even rubbing compound. Nothing is touching it. Oh and Comet too. Any idea what might take the brown stain out? Thank you!
  • Becky (J) P

Maybe try putting table salt on the stain to lift it? That works on wood with water rings.

• Sally Rice

thank you! I'll try that!

• Sharron Abrams

I would give Bar Keepers Friend - worked on my Mother-in-laws sink - and I didn't think that anyone could be as messy as her - she had old make-up and everytying on her sink - it really helped. Good luck

• What kind of counter is it?

• Sally Rice

porcelain.......and than you all for your comments/suggestions!

• Gail Salminen

@Sally Rice have you tried making a paste with oxyclean crystals. This is amazing stuff and I have found it takes most stains out on all kinds of products. Took wine out of our carpet a number of days after we discovered it. I would let the paste sit for a few hours then scour it and rinse. I have also found scrubbing bubbles to take all of my bathroom stains out, except for on vynil. Do let us know what works for you :) Thanks for posting.

• Sally Rice

Thank you - I will let you know!!!

• Sally Rice

The only thing I have not tried are the oxyclean crystals - but I do plan on buying some - can you get them at the grocery store - are they with the SHOUT and Spray n Wash? Thank you.

• Gail Salminen

@Sally Rice I pick mine up at our grocery store or at Walmart in the laundry section. I am sure many other stores that sell laundry supplies sell it too.

• Sally Rice

thanks, hubby just came home w/ some. Am gonna try it tonight!

• Brooke Lindemann

Did any of these ideas end up working? I've got the same stains and I've tried everything
  • I used Turtle Was, Rubbing Compound and Heavy Duty Cleaner. Some elbow grease. Then I rinsed with a bleach and water mixture. Essential oil circle-shaped stains completely gone.