Douglas Hunt
Douglas Hunt
  • New Smyrna Beach, FL

Here are some photos of the recently completed pergola in my back yard.

It has done exactly what I was hoping for, which was to turn a pleasant but ordinary patio into an outdoor room. The angled posts pick up a design motif from the front of my mid-century house. I will be staining the posts and beams but leaving the rafters and purlins natural cedar, and will be planting Bignonia capreolata "Tangerine Beauty" to climb the posts as soon as my local nursery gets in a new supply. I was very happy to find a wet-rated ceiling fan with simple lines to help keep things a little cooler in the Florida heat and, I hope, keep some of the no-see-ums away. The light string has 11-watt sign bulbs, which provide just the right amount of light for dining al fresco, which I consider one of the world's great pleasures.
here are some photos of the recently completed pergola in my back yard it has done, electrical, outdoor living, patio