Pool Tile Stairs

I wanted to tile my plain painted wooden basement steps. I remembered I had a box of pool tiles. I put a different design on each step and broke the background tile with a hammer to fill in around the tile. I love the way they look. I skipped a couple of steps and just made them plain. I enjoy looking at them on my way up or down now! Much easier to do than cutting the tile to fit!
Grouting was easy. Just grout with the color of your choice! Everyone admires my steps when they see them!

• Mar32266954

How long did it take how could i get the noise out of my stairs before i start a project like this

• Mar32266954

• Sandy Hartnett

Go to your home store and ask them...I remember doing something on the underside of the steps. See if utube has something on it. Sorry I couldn't help better