Beautiful Gold Candles Made Using Spray Paint and Sea Shells

We live next to the sea so every time we go for a walk I come back with some sea shells... I just think they are so lovely. I have a bag full at home and as I love to upcycle and re-use materials and things I already have I decided to make a little craft project using these.
beautiful gold candles made using spray paint and sea shells, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
Clean and dry the shells
I spray painted the seashells in gold colour (my favourite!)
I took some old tealight candles and removed the wicks and the aluminium cover. I put the wicks in the bottom of the shell, there is a little glue dot on the bottom which stuck nicely, poured the melted wax and let it cool down.
Once the candle had cooled down it was ready to be used.
From Evija with Love

• Jane Chappell

Everyone has their own favorite color or look, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the idea, think it is adorable. I probably would not make a "copy" of this as I don't decorate with sea shells. But gives me wonderful ideas for other items that this could be given a different look. Thanks for sharing your idea! I would like to know, (maybe I missed reading this part), how did you adhere the wicks in the shells?

• From Evija with Love

@Jane Chappell yes, the old wick that I removed from the candle was reused and it still had the sticky bit attached to it, so it adhered nicely to the shell.

• Carol Leader

Isn't paint flammable?

• Emma

what spray paint did you use?