Gingerbread Scented Salt Dough Ornaments

$5

I loved making salt dough ornaments with my mom when I was a kid. We also baked a TON of gingerbread together, and this year, I decided to combine those two traditions and make some durable, gingerbread scented salt dough ornaments for my kitchen garland (where I display my food related ornaments).
My experiment in making gingerbread salt dough worked pretty well! They look a little floury due to the salt bloom, but I'm totally ok with that!
The secret to making the gingerbread version of the classic salt dough? I replaced a half a cup of the flour with a half a cup of cinnamon and a Tablespoon of ginger.
I mixed it all up, rolled it out, baked just like I would regular salt dough ornaments.
When they were baked and cool, I used puff paint to make my fake royal icing decorations.
A little bit of baker's twine (how perfect is that?) as a hanger, and they were done! And they smell magnificent!

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Nikki Wills