Install Baseboards Over Your Existing Baseboards

Baseboards over baseboards... over baseboards. I've always had a hate/hate relationship with the baseboards in our house. I wanted white and beautiful and this house has ugly brown.
When we had the new tile put down in our kitchen, I told the tile guy not to worry about putting the baseboards or quarter round down, because I wanted to so something different with them. Imagine my surprise when I got home from work and realized he didn't remove the baseboards... he just tiled right up to them! And wasn't even clean and neat about it.
I was honestly in a panic. I did a bit of research and found these baseboards that actually fit right over your existing baseboards! They make two sizes, 5.25 inches or 7.25 inches, each in 8 ft lengths. My motto has always been "go big or go home," so I went with the larger of the two, the 7.25.
I measured everything and nailed it up!
I still need to caulk and am going to add quarter-round to the base to give it a more finished look, but this already makes the room look so much better. I want to take these tall baseboards throughout my downstairs and will... one room at a time.
Goodbye ugly brown!
Have you beefed up your trim? How did you do it?
What a great option for those of us who for one reason or another can't remove our existing baseboards.
If you'd like to find out the brand, where I purchased these and see the full post, click the link below!

Karrah @ Mrs Do It Herself

• Mar14176411

I want to do this, door frames, baseboards, ceiling corner make a very big difference to this whole feel of the home

• Kandi61

Thank you! I am so excited I am heading to Home Depot now!!!