Install Baseboards Over Your Existing Baseboards

Baseboards over baseboards... over baseboards. I've always had a hate/hate relationship with the baseboards in our house. I wanted white and beautiful and this house has ugly brown.
install baseboards over your existing baseboards, home improvement, how to, wall decor, woodworking projects
When we had the new tile put down in our kitchen, I told the tile guy not to worry about putting the baseboards or quarter round down, because I wanted to so something different with them. Imagine my surprise when I got home from work and realized he didn't remove the baseboards... he just tiled right up to them! And wasn't even clean and neat about it.
I was honestly in a panic. I did a bit of research and found these baseboards that actually fit right over your existing baseboards! They make two sizes, 5.25 inches or 7.25 inches, each in 8 ft lengths. My motto has always been "go big or go home," so I went with the larger of the two, the 7.25.
I measured everything and nailed it up!
I still need to caulk and am going to add quarter-round to the base to give it a more finished look, but this already makes the room look so much better. I want to take these tall baseboards throughout my downstairs and will... one room at a time.
Goodbye ugly brown!
Have you beefed up your trim? How did you do it?
What a great option for those of us who for one reason or another can't remove our existing baseboards.
If you'd like to find out the brand, where I purchased these and see the full post, click the link below!
Karrah @ Mrs Do It Herself

• Janet B

Great idea!!! Love it!!
  • Mar14176411

I want to do this, door frames, baseboards, ceiling corner make a very big difference to this whole feel of the home