What can I do with plywood rounds from wire spools?

+6
Someone gave me about 25 wire spools that have plywood on each end (the round part) and cardboard centers. My husband took them apart and made our daughter a shoe rack out of the cardboard centers (instead of vinyl pipe). Now we have all these round pieces and I want to repurpose, craft, recycle them! I made some look alike vinyl records to decorate our older daughter's wall but I still have lots of them!! Help!!
  • Terri scott Terri scott on Dec 01, 2015
    You could make a clock, a snowman, or Santa Claus.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 01, 2015
    Look right here on hometalk under repurposing plywood spools there are many posts for you to get ideas.
  • Lroach55 Lroach55 on Dec 01, 2015
    I took them and put legs on them and positioned a tire on top and made planters for the yard
  • Beverly Jones Beverly Jones on Dec 01, 2015
    I love the clock idea
  • Alice Alice on Dec 02, 2015
    :)Thank you everyone! My daughter gave me a great idea also! The plywood rounds have a hole in the center and are perfect to glue/fasten together to make my grands a rope swing! I am going to paint each one of the three a bright color and glue together with wood glue and make a rope swing. I even have the perfect limb hanging over our yard to the south!! Maybe even make some for the grands at their own homes.
  • Bill Bill on Dec 02, 2015
    If you have the whole spool or access to something for legs, you can use either way to make a picnic table. With the hole in the middle ( if used outside ) add an umbrella that has a long leg/pole and use that to shade people at the table.
  • Alice Alice on Dec 03, 2015
    Thank you Bill!! I knew Hometalk folks would come to my rescue! These rounds are about 20" across...believe they would make for some nice tables outside around my firepot. I never thought of tables because they were small rounds. Overthinking on my part.
  • Kari Roberts Kari Roberts on Dec 06, 2015
    Paint ornate mandalas spray with clear coat. Put legs on them for bistro table or wall hanging.
  • Alice Alice on Dec 09, 2015
    Thank you!!