Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
  • Hot Springs National Park, AR

Soda Can Singing Angels

We made soda can angels when my kids were young (in the 90s) and I wanted to do an updated version. I made a variety of them using different inexpensive items for the wings, halo, hair etc. You can view all of them on my site.
soda can singing angels, christmas decorations, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
SUPPLIES
(Longer list of supplies on my site for other styles of angels)
Soda can
Paint/Sharpie Marker
Glue (I used hot glue)
Wire for halo
Paper doilies for wings
Fake hair if desired. (Spanish Moss works great)
Wood base (optional)
Small printout of sheet music. (FREE DOWNLOAD on my site.)
Clean your can and carefully remove the tab.
Paint the can with about three coats of spray paint, allowing to dry well in between each one.
Paint on the face color and the lips. I used a sharpie marker for the eyes.
Very carefully and SLOWLY bend over the top of your can as shown. Just enough so it faces forward but won't tip over. (more details on my site)
For this angel I used a paper doilie cut in half for the wings. On my site article you can see wings made from a variety of different things including ribbon as shown below.
This is another type of angel. There are other styles on my site.
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Lori

We made these with my daughter's Girl Scout Troop (also in the 90's). I've also used this idea in the summer for DayCamp. Instead of angels the cans became "wide mouth frogs" or lady bugs, grasshoppers....Perfect for school or scouts because you're recycling and because its very inexpensive. I love your updated colors for the angels, btw!

• B.I.Green

These are so cute!