Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus
Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus
  • Springfield, MO

DIY Console Table

$50

I'll tell you what, I'm officially a sucker for leather and amazing table legs. Put those two together and you have a match made in heaven.
The project was so simple. It helped transform a plain, unused corner in to something fun and inviting.
ating
diy console table, diy, painted furniture, woodworking projects
This console table was so simple! For a project that's completed in under an hour... you can't beat it!
Step 1: Cut Wood to Size
I used some random wood that we had in our wood bin and decided on a length to make the cuts. I made one cut and then cut another board the exact same length.
Step 2: Stack Your Boards and Prepare for Upholstery
I wanted my table to have a little thickness so I stacked my boards. Once stacked I laid them down on the underside of the leather.
Step 3: Upholster
Using a staple gun, upholster the leather to the board.
Step 4: Measure for Legs and Pre-Drill Holes
The legs came with easy mounts, so all I did was measure from the end of the board (so that the two legs were even) and pre-drilled my holes.
Step 5: Add Screws and Legs
My airplant made it on this little table. I loved it on the dining room table, but it's such a versatile little thing that it pretty much goes anywhere.
How sexy are those legs (legs came from Pretty Pegs!)? Seriously, I think that every time I look at them. This project from start to finish took about an hour (which includes hanging a mirror and accessorizing). Crazy, right?!
Would you ever cover a tabletop with leather? Am I crazy?
Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus

• Annie

How does it stay up

• Shuganne

Sorry, Kansasmaga, and others below, didn't mean to overlook you. You know what they say, Great Minds Think Alike!

• Annie

How does it stay up

• Kan32014886

What keeps it from falling over to one side, is it attached to the wall somehow ?

• Beth

Omg you could make another one and put it on the opposite side of the wall for a neat optical illusion. It would look like your table goes through the wall. Be good in a hallway/living room. Half in the hallway half in the living room. Very neat!

• Toni

This is so cool. I am going to try this.