Christmas Ornament Wreath...

$40

Here's my take on the ornament wreath with a twist... well with a straightening and a bend ;) Get out some metal ornament hooks because we're going to repurpose them to make sure our wreath is solid!...
Gather the supplies
For this wreath you need:
Straw wreath form
Garland
Ornaments - mixed sizes - around 100
Glue gun
Ornament hooks
Pliers
Ribbon
Turn your hooks into pins
Start by prepping a pile of ornament hooks - fold them out flat and then bend them in half creating a U shape - this will be our pin that helps to additionally secure the ornaments to the wreath form... your ornaments aren't going anywhere!
Prepare the wreath form
Using a pin you've created secure the end of the garland in place and get to work wrapping it around the wreath form until you make it all the way around... then pin in the end. Place a couple dots of hot glue on the end of your pins before pushing them in to make sure they stay.
Add a ribbon hanger now
Now's the time to tie a ribbon around your garlanded wreath from! This ribbon will become your wreath's hanger!
Secure the ribbon hanger
I like to also secure the ribbon hanger with two pins.
Fill it up
Starting with the largest ornaments I work my way around the outside edge of the wreath - you can work on a flat surface or while the wreath is hanging. Place a pin through the top of the ornament, put on a couple dots of hot glue...
Attach that sucker!
...and press the pin into the wreath form... I've found that using a pair of pliers helps get the pins into the form more quickly...
Additional glue
...you might think it's overkill but I made a test wreath without gluing and the ornaments just flopped around all over the place... the additional glue at the top of the ornament just keeps everything nice and secure...
Even on the sides
I'll even tack a couple down at their side... or to the ornament next to it!
All around the circle (thats a newfie ref.)
I line the outside edge with my largest ornaments...
Line the inside too
...and then the inside with the largest ornaments...
Fill er up
Then any additonal large ornaments I pin and glue to the face of the wreath... Once I'm out of large ornaments I move to the next size down pinning and gluing until it becomes hard to reach the form with the pins... Thats where it gets quick - the last and smallest filler ornaments I glue only... to the form if they'll reach and to the balls around it... This wreath will be secure!
TA-DA! She's full up!
And there you have a substantial and nicely filled ornament wreath!... For more details and photos be sure to checkout the blogpost at the link below! :)
Also, if you live in a very cold climate this wreath works best indoors - unless you've used an outdoor compatible adhesive! :)
Gold, Red and Green
And here is the second of three that I've made!... I'll have some setup shots of these wreaths coming to the blog and to instagram! Stay tuned! And if you make one please come on over to the Feathering My Nest Facebook Page and share some photos of your wreath! I'd love to see your ornament combinations! xo Lacey

Feathering My Nest - Lacey Haskell

• Kat28554368

Your wreath is stunning--directions clear and precise--pretty sure I could make thanks to your great directions. Thanks a lot!
  • I don't understand wrapping with garland when it appears to be invisible after all the ornaments are on. Not being argumentative. I just want to know rationale. I may do this project