One of my favorite garden spots to visit is Biltmore Estates in Asheville NC.

The landscaped grounds are gorgeous and the interior of Biltmore House is not to be believed! Their Christmas celebration is always an extravaganza. I got some pictures of this year's festivities to show what I mean. Read each photo's caption to get the details.
Go to http://www.biltmore.com to plan a visit.
The Grand Staircase is twined with evergreens, filling the 250 rooms with the scent of Christmas
During the evening, guests are greeted with a forest of lit evergreens on the Front Lawn.
Estate staff grows more than 1,000 poinsettias. They also manage 80 varieties of roses.
A 34-foot Fraser fir spends the holidays in the 72-foot high Banquet Hall, adorned with 500 lights.
Fresh garlands are made of white pine and Fraser fir. They change them weekly to keep them fresh for guests, using a total of 5,000 feet during the season.
I'd feel odd eating my normal cold cereal and milk in the Vanderbilt breakfast room!

• Martha Grice

Dear Catz; I have been to the Biltmore estate and the Biltmore family left a legacy that pays for the lights, etc. and I must say I think there is a bit of the mean spiritedness of the true Grinch in you for your first comment to be about a light bill you have no part in paying. This is a truly beautiful place and at this time of year we think people are in a bright and cheery mood, but there are people who find a sense of depression for one reason or another at this time of year and sometimes all it takes is a beautiful scene like this to lift their spirits. Please open your heart enough to enjoy the beauty of this world and I hope you and your family and all who read this post have a wonderful, happy and joyous Holiday Season.

• Aj

I knew it was Biltmore--I have been there and oh my goodness it is Awesome. Every time I go to Asheville I stop at Biltmore. I think I could go there everyday because you will always see something you haven't seen before.