Becky W
Becky W
  • Ballwin, MO

Pallet Wine Rack

I've been collecting pallets for about a year now and had quite the stack out in the garage. It was about time I did something with all of them!
pallet wine rack, pallet, woodworking projects
So I cut them apart and made wine racks! It was actually fairly easy however I would recommend having two people.
We started by using a metal cutting blade in the sawzall to cut through the nails of the boards we didn't want. Then used a wood cutting blade to cut the pallets up.
I could have stopped there if I just wanted a rack for the wine bottles but I also wanted a glass rack. I used a spare board that had been cut off, drilled 6 holes evenly spaced across the board and then used my jigsaw to cut from the sides to the insides of the holes.
Tacked all my pieces together, added a little white paint {using a dry brush technique} and hung the piece up!
Add the necessary items and it's ready to go!
Who's thirsty? :)
Becky W

• Jan Stearns

Where can we find the pallets? We checked big box stores, they reuse them and don't sell them or give them away.

• Curt Granger

Make a post to Facebook. You'll be surprised how many people know actual locations of free pallets in your area. I have two sources I still haven't collected from.