Asked on Dec 4, 2015

How to make easy sharp tree garland

Mary StanleyJudyCindy Platt Hanlon
+8

Christmas tree garland--not made from popcorn--looking for simple and quick--I just don't like the store options. Thanks
    Janet Pizaro

There are quire a few posts here on hometalk for inspirations in making tree garland.

• Nancy Goff-Waddell
    Nancy Goff-Waddell

Just do a search on this site for homemade garland. You will get many you don't want, but you may get JUST what you've been looking for.

• Janet chambers
    Janet chambers

I like aluminum foil. Cut whole roll into 5" strips. Cut in thin strips on each side of the 5" strips about 2", leaving an inch in the middle. Curl the cut pieces in different directions.

• D
    D

If you want to go really inexpensive and very quick-curling ribbon or shop the ribbon section of your local sewing store-lots of material "ribbon" options in varying widths- no sewing, gluing required. Good luck!

• C
    C

WIRED RIBBON. The wire will allow you to twist & form it to exactly how you want it to look. You can go around the tree or drape it from the top down.... It also gives you the freedom to go with whatever theme tickles your Christmas fancy! Traditional {red or plaid} Glam {silver & gold} Modern {maybe gold & black} If you have a Costco nearby.... go get one of their $7.99 MEGA ROLL If you have a Michael's nearby.... get a 40%off Coupon from their website & you can also get MEGA rolls there

• Tanya Johnson
    Tanya Johnson

I JUST saw someone tie pieces of fabric (burlap and whatnot) to the Christmas tree lights, I thought it looked so cute!

• Wanda Bourgeois
    Wanda Bourgeois

cranberries on a string, I like to use cranberries alternating wth popcorn then have red &white. thn after Christmas put out for the birds. if you do use popcorn let it get stale a day or 2 will string ezier

• Cindy Platt Hanlon
    Cindy Platt Hanlon

Look at some speciality yarns.

• Judy
    Judy

I gathered all unwanted used costume beads and jewelry from family and strung as a sentimental garland. Use pompoms. Use what color netting you can fold and tuck in tree. String buttons in colors you want. Have fun!

• Mary Stanley
    Mary Stanley

One year I used lace strips on my tree and it looked beautiful.