SUPER Easy DIY Recycled Vintage Book Page Christmas Gift Tags

How to easily recycle used book pages and a cereal box into beautiful, vintage looking gift tags.
I am very excited to be taking part in the "Home for Christmas Blog Hop" hosted by Hometalk.com and CountryLiving.com! I'm honored to be part of such a talented group of bloggers and can't wait to see all their ideas.
For my part, I decided to show you how to make, super easy, upcycled, vintage-looking, book page gift tags. You can make them to use for gifts at Christmas or any occasion using an old book that's ready for recycle and scrap, poster board-weight cardboard, such as from a cereal box. Here's how to do it.
1. Cut desired tag shape from scrap poster board or cereal box.
2. Cut book pages pages in 1/2 inch strips in different directions using a ruler and rotary cutter or utility knife.
3. Bush on a thin layer of white glue on tag with a sponge brush. Arrange the strips side-by-side on tag so that writing is flowing in different directions. Allow for dry time and then trim excess of strips even with the tag.
4. Decorate using stamps, fountain pins or any other embellishment you choose.
5. Punch hole in top of the tag using a hole puncher and attach to the gift using jute twine, string, ribbon or etc.
All done! This is a super easy way to add a little extra touch to your gift wrapping.
Want DIY gift bags to coordinate with your new tags? Be sure to check out my original post using the link below. On it you will also find several great links to lots of other blogger projects in the "Home for Christmas Blog Hop" hosted by Hometalk.com and CountryLiving.com. You can also see lots of great projects by searching on Hometalk.
A Merry Christmas to you and yours and happy crafting!

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Borei Design

• Miriam Illions
    Miriam Illions

The perfect personal touch to any gift. Well done! :)

• Catherine Cruz
    Catherine Cruz

I love to make bookmarks and gift tags to include in cards, books and presents. I never thought about using the "strips in different directions" and I am going to play with your idea ... should make for a very interesting look to my items. Thanks for your creative take on the tags.