Watch How I Make My Cheap Builder Grade Doors Look Like Wood Doors

For less than $50.00 I gave my home the look of expensive Oak doors without paying the Oak Door price.
Here is what my doors looked like when I got started. They are BOOORING! I wanted to give them a upgrade, but didn't want to spend 120.00 per door since I have 5 of them in the hallway. So I decided to get out my paint brushes and start making some magic happen...
Here is a quick peek at my hallway. It is all white and has NO character at all.
The first step was to paint the doors. I used a satin latex paint in a terra cotta color.
Once the door was all painted, the next step was to add the wood character using a GEL GLAZE in honey oak, and mahogany to add the appearance of wood grain and knots.
Here is my hallway now. It still needs a bit of work, but it is lots better than it was with just the plain white doors it had before.
So for under $50.00, I was able to give my home the look of expensive oak doors without the expensive oak door price tag.

Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers

To see more: https://humptydumptymuralmagic.wordpress.com

• Mary hampton
    Mary hampton

Can this be done on metal doors

• Sharon Smith
      Sharon Smith

I love how this looks. I have dark interior doors. Would I need a primer first?

• Julie Wieler
    Julie Wieler

The paint is terra cotta. Who is the maker? Also for the gel.

• Melly
      Melly

@Julie Wieler Thank you for asking Julie. I got the paint from ACE Hardware and it was their store brand. The gel stain was minwax gel.

• Julie Wieler
    Julie Wieler

Who makes the terra cotta paint color and the gel glaze?

• Joanie
    Joanie

I'm sure it would work if they are wood. I have used it on a wood door that was previously painted and a shelf that I didn't like the color of the stain. Both turned out beautiful! My front door is not wood, but has wood grain, paintable, the stain worked beautiful. Just time consuming because of dry times.

• Nana
    Nana

Beautiful now!