DIY Wooden Christmas Ornaments

What can you make using some old chandelier crystals, tassels from the Dollar store and a few jingle bells?
The prettiest wooden ornaments! They'd also make great gifts.
diy wooden christmas ornaments, christmas decorations, seasonal holiday decor
Aren't the best tree ornaments always the homemade ones?
It's the ones your kids made at school out of popsicle sticks or the ornaments you made yourself that end up having the greatest meaning and hold the best holiday memories.
This year I found some wooden ornaments at the craft store and inspiration struck! Here is what I created:
Step 1: Start with a wooden ornament. (I happened to find these wooden ornaments at Michaels craft store.)
Step 2: Paint it white using craft paint or any left over white latex paint you have on hand. (Note: I removed the rough twine hanger the ornament was purchased with to make the painting process easier. I attached a new ornament hanger as a final step in the process.)
Step 4: Finish with a top coat of transparent glitter paint to add a bit of sparkle to your snowflake.
Step 5: Using a fine drill bit, drill a hole on an angle into the bottom of your snowflake. It is important to work slowly and carefully as the wooden snowflake is delicate.
Step 6: Insert a piece of fine string, fishing line or fine wire into your freshly drilled hole to tie on your crystal. We used a loop of fine wire, which we twisted closed. (Tip: If you don't have a chandelier crystal, search for a similar type crystal in the jewellery section of your local craft store.)
Step 7: Add a Christmas ornament hanger to the top.
Hang your handmade ornament and enjoy that sparkle that only crystals can add to your tree!
I also created a star ornament using a small tassel. For the how-to please visit my website.
One final variation on these wooden ornaments. This time, I wanted to add the potential for a pleasant jingle. You can also find the how-to for this ornament on my website.
Happy crafting for the holidays!
Three Dogs in a Garden