Liz sheppard
Liz sheppard
  • Millsboro, DE

painting oak kitchen cabinets

I can't believe i looked at htese cabinets for almost 5 years thanksto allwho hav edone this in the past to their kitchen cabinets paint them now i'malmost done have toput innewconter topsand sink and hardware wil keep every one posted.
old and singy
old and singy
now bright and  clean
now bright and clean
painting oak kitchen cabinets, cabinets, painting
prepping the  base
prepping the base
old  look with old dish washer
old look with old dish washer
after  painting
after painting
ijust love my sink and  bronziney faucet matches my lights  ,seiling fans and  hardware
ijust love my sink and bronziney faucet matches my lights ,seiling fans and hardware
i was going to get stainless steel but  the white  blends in good
i was going to get stainless steel but the white blends in good
counter top i love the  marble in it  wvey thing  matches  and the  creamy brown wall   bring out he  cabinets  just love it
counter top i love the marble in it wvey thing matches and the creamy brown wall bring out he cabinets just love it

• Nancy

Lovely! I am looking to have my honey oak cupboards painted. Question -did you put a poly of some sort over the paint when you were finished painting?

• Liz sheppard

Hi Nancy no once I cleaned then I primed them on both side and just used valsparxsemi gloss paint Ibdontvknowxhow I lived withvthexoak cabinets just love the color good luck any more help just face book me

• Ms.10719963

I want to paint my cabinets like yours. They are KitchenAid oak. Can you tell me the steps and what to do and use?

• B

Wow, Liz, your cabinets look great! I know this was a time consuming process! Thank you for sharing so many great photos! Your kitchen looks fabulous!

• Christina Shoemaker

We have an old victorian house, 12 years ago we did a complete remodel on a budget,buying installing and all work ourselves. Now it is time to sell, i started to stain our light oak cabinets, dark red oak like the original woodwork in the house, got about 2 done and wondering if I should keep going or change ? It is making the kitchen look too dark with our dark green countertops.HELP..

• Noreen

I have had beautiful solid oak cabinets in my huge kitchen for 30 + years. Twice a year or as needed I wash them with Murphy's cleanser and then put Formby's Oil on them - takes no more than a few hours and they look like the day they were put in.