Beja Foster
Beja Foster
  • Rhome, TX

Birthplace Subway Art Dresser

This waterfall dresser boasts a collection of important dates & cities. The cities/towns you see are places where my client's family members were born, and the dates are their birthdays. In addition, I added Lubbock where the couple met, and Houston where they got married. It has become a conversation starter in my client's home!
I dressed this waterfall dresser up with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in
Thumbnail only see next pic for full size.
Full size pic.
Full size pic.
The lettering continues between the drawers for a seamless look.
The dresser's before look with pink drawers and oversized green gingham pulls.
Beja Foster

• Shelley C

I absolutely love this!..but I'm a little confused..Did you use the vinyl letters as a stencil or are they adhered to the dresser still?...either way it looks great!

• Beja Foster

I used the vinyl as a stencil, but after moving it around to get the right typographic alignment, they bled, so I had to freehand the stuff where it bled to make it straight. I also suggest painting over the vinyl ASAP so the sticky residue doesn't stay. I had the darndest time getting it off. WD-40, worked, but I was nervous as I had no more expensive stencils and didn't want to ruin all that hard work. It didn't damage the chalk paint, but it took some persistence. Next time, I'll just stencil with pencil or chalk and freehand it!