I have a vented heatalator fireplace with gas logs from 1993.

+3
Answered
The logs have been replaced once but are still so inefficient because the warm air from the house goes up the chimney. I was looking at vent free but even though they are 99% efficient moisture and some fumes I believe come in the house. Sealed direct vent gets extremely hot on the face glass front. I would think it would be a burn hazard for children or pets. What is good choice? What is safe?
  6 answers
Your comment...