Scrap Wood Sconces

$0

Back in the uncivilized and barbaric years of 2013-2014, when I was still green in the ways of woodworking and crafts, I built a pair of wall sconces for Handan. She had just discovered the awesome power of decoupage and had unleashed her mighty new talents on some hapless battery-operated candles. The candles, now plastered with ancient maps of wildly erroneous shorelines, required suitable perches for their newly-elevated status.
I descended into my wood shop - at the time no more than a few stone tools, some flaked obsidian and a bowl of fire - and emerged with these (okay, these are two pictures of the same sconce, but I built two. Really.)
For the first new pair, I found some pallet scraps and decided a propane torch would be a good starting point.
The boards looked like this after I burned them and brushed them with my special black wash. If you'd like to get the recipe for the black wash click on the link below.

Here is first pair of sconces.
For the second pair, I used some poplar scraps. I routed the edges with an ogee bit.
Many more pictures and more detailed descriptions at our blog. Check it out! --Posted by Greg If you are interested in similar crafts & DiY projects, click here to see more crafts & DiY projects from The Navage Patch.

• Scrap wood
  • Paint

15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Handan & Greg @ The Navage Patch