Scrap Wood Sconces

$0

Back in the uncivilized and barbaric years of 2013-2014, when I was still green in the ways of woodworking and crafts, I built a pair of wall sconces for Handan. She had just discovered the awesome power of decoupage and had unleashed her mighty new talents on some hapless battery-operated candles. The candles, now plastered with ancient maps of wildly erroneous shorelines, required suitable perches for their newly-elevated status.
I descended into my wood shop - at the time no more than a few stone tools, some flaked obsidian and a bowl of fire - and emerged with these (okay, these are two pictures of the same sconce, but I built two. Really.)
For the first new pair, I found some pallet scraps and decided a propane torch would be a good starting point.
The boards looked like this after I burned them and brushed them with my special black wash. If you'd like to get the recipe for the black wash click on the link below.

Here is first pair of sconces.
For the second pair, I used some poplar scraps. I routed the edges with an ogee bit.
Many more pictures and more detailed descriptions at our blog. Check it out! --Posted by Greg If you are interested in similar crafts & DiY projects, click here to see more crafts & DiY projects from The Navage Patch.

• Scrap wood
  • Paint

17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Handan & Greg @ The Navage Patch