Thrifted Cheese Dome Ice Skating Pond

369K Views
When I saw this cheese dome at the thrift store, I knew I could transform it into a winter/Christmas scene...and decided to be different by turning it into a sweet ice skating pond, straight out of an old postcard!
Click HERE to find out each and every step!
  • thrifted cheese dome ice skating pond, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
So here's the cheese dome, in all its thrifted glory- it was in great shape and the perfect blank canvas.
To turn the center into a "frozen pond", I painted the entire base blue and then added some silver to turn it into "ice".
Check out how I continued to turn it into "scarred ice" just like a frozen pond!
Then, I simply added some vintage bottlebrush trees to the back of my "pond" and some vintage plastic ice skating figurines.
I piled on a little faux snow around the bases of the trees, replaced the lid, and voila- a darling Christmas scene straight out of Currier & Ives!
Isn't it adorable? And really super easy to make...never pass those cheese domes up at the thrift store, they are full possibility!

Suggested materials for this project:

• Cheese Dome  (Thrift Store)
  • Trees/Snow  (Craft Store)
Sadie Seasongoods