Thrifted Cheese Dome Ice Skating Pond

When I saw this cheese dome at the thrift store, I knew I could transform it into a winter/Christmas scene...and decided to be different by turning it into a sweet ice skating pond, straight out of an old postcard!
Click HERE to find out each and every step!
thrifted cheese dome ice skating pond, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
So here's the cheese dome, in all its thrifted glory- it was in great shape and the perfect blank canvas.
To turn the center into a "frozen pond", I painted the entire base blue and then added some silver to turn it into "ice".
Check out how I continued to turn it into "scarred ice" just like a frozen pond!
Then, I simply added some vintage bottlebrush trees to the back of my "pond" and some vintage plastic ice skating figurines.
I piled on a little faux snow around the bases of the trees, replaced the lid, and voila- a darling Christmas scene straight out of Currier & Ives!
Isn't it adorable? And really super easy to make...never pass those cheese domes up at the thrift store, they are full possibility!

• Cheese Dome  (Thrift Store)
  • Trees/Snow  (Craft Store)
Sadie Seasongoods

• Priscila santiago

I never thougth about that,do the next time i'm going to do but if I find a big one,like the ones it use to be on old stores when I was a kid and show pieces of cakes

• Sheila Marie McGee

♥️♥️♥️ I will be going back to my thrift store tomorrow! What a great idea to do with my grandangels!