Karrah @ Mrs Do It Herself
Karrah @ Mrs Do It Herself
  • Henryville, IN

Christmas Decor: We Built a Christmas Tree Lot!

Yes, that’s right, the kiddo and I built a Christmas Tree Lot in our front yard for this year’s Christmas decor!
I had been wanting to do something special… I get tired of putting up lights on my front porch and calling it “good enough”.
christmas decor we built a christmas tree lot, christmas decorations, outdoor living, seasonal holiday decor, woodworking projects
First, I built the Christmas Tree Lot booth. Total, it cost me less than $50 to build… not too bad! Here are some pictures of the frame. I used my new Kreg Jig K5 to build the base and make it extra sturdy… Y’all, I’m in love with this thing, it makes joining boards SOOO easy! For the other pieces, I nailed them in with my Ryobi AirStrike.
I then used 1x3x8 boards that I cut down to size for the slats on the front. On the sides, I used 1×4 boards. Then spray painted it all red.
I used my Ryobi jigsaw to cut the top sign out of plywood and nailed it up with my AirStrike gun…. then wrapped a ton of lights around it.
In order to make it look more like a Christmas Tree Lot, I took 3 long PVC pipes I had here in my garage and drilled holes in the top. From there I screwed in hook screws so I’d have somewhere to hand my lights. To get the pipe to stay straight, I drove a metal rod in the ground for each PVC pipe. I then placed the PVC pipe over the metal rod and pushed it down into the ground. Then I just zigzagged the lights from pole to pole.
I also used my jigsaw to cut out simple triangle trees out of plywood, then let the kiddo spray paint them all.
The finished product? Here you go!
How are you decorating for Christmas? And what the heck am I going to do with this booth after Christmas?? We have no place to store it! Hubby said it would make a great bonfire, sounds like a good New Years plan, I guess!
Be sure to check out the other great posts with this link party/blog hop! You can check them all out by clicking the link below. Or find them by using the hashtag
Karrah @ Mrs Do It Herself