DIY - Holiday, Winter Scene, Shadow Box.

This is one of the most fun I've had building a Christmas Decor, craft. A 3D Winter Scene, complete with adorable Santa. And, it was pretty easy too. All you need to start is a shadow box frame, of your choice. I found mine at Michaels. It's about 3 inches deep, so there's plenty of room for the fun stuff.
This project is part of a BIG group of bloggers, who have gotten together to share a ton of holiday inspiration today! Thanks to Hometalk.com and CountryLiving.com for organizing us all! You can follow us all with the hashtag
You want your shadow box of course... snow, foam, scissors, knife, hot glue etc. Beyond that it's mostly your choice of fun winter supplies. I found a lot at the dollar store, like mini snowballs and snowflakes.
Add some styrofoam to the frame, in key locations to help you create your snowy hill. Then drape with faux snow (mine was actually a $1 tree skirt from the Dollar Store).
Use the link below to see the full story on freshcrush.com!
Fresh Crush

• Jennifer

Now THAT is adorable! Where did you get the snowflakes or are they part if the white background? If so, us the background wrapping paper? Scrapbook paper?

• Fresh Crush

@Jennifer Thanks Jennifer, The snowflakes are hot-glued onto the background that was already with the frame. And, I found them at the dollar store. :)

• Anita Erskine

Where did you get the bird fabric that is behind the shadow box in one of the pictures? Love the shadow box idea, pinned it for later. I knew I picked up that shadow box at the thrift store for a reason!

• Fresh Crush

@Anita Erskine Hi Anita, thanks so much! The fabric is actually my favourite scarf, and I found it at a Joe Fresh shop. Oh, how lucky to find a shadow box at the thrift store! Good luck with your crafting!

• Laura Kuzmickas

What size stroyfoam did you use. Thanks