Easy Outdoor Christmas Wreath

Update a faux evergreen wreath by adding ribbon, beads and ornaments to make a pretty Outdoor Christmas Wreath. It’s a quick and easy holiday craft idea you can make in less than an hour.
We're sharing this Easy Outdoor Christmas Wreath as part of the Home for Christmas Blog Hop with HomeTalk.com and CountryLiving.com. For hundreds of other fantastic Christmas ideas from bloggers around the world as well as a step-by-step tutorial for making this Easy Outdoor Christmas Wreath, please visit us at Kenarry: Ideas for the Home - http://www.kenarry.com/outdoor-christmas-wreath/ You can also search for the hashtag -
easy outdoor christmas wreath, christmas decorations, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
One of my favorite things about decorating my home for Christmas is hanging an Outdoor Christmas Wreath by my front door. An Outdoor Christmas Wreath is the very FIRST thing guests see when they visit a home for Christmas. It sets the tone for the visit and gives a very warm first impression.
For years and years, I’ve hung a simple faux evergreen wreath with a red outdoor ribbon and a polka dot ornament hanging in the center. I initially liked the simplicity of my Outdoor Christmas Wreath, but after years of use I thought it was starting to look a little sad and plain.
To jazz it up a bit, I started by weaving colorful wired polka dot ribbon between the faux evergreen branches.
Next, I wrapped red bead garland around the wreath. (Here's what the back of the wreath looks like once ribbon and garland has been added.)
Last, I added a few embellishments to give it some character, including a penguin ornament dangling from the center.
I also tucked Christmas ornament picks like you'd find in holiday floral arrangements along either side of the bow.
Hang this Easy Outdoor Christmas Wreath on your front door or alongside it to greet everyone who visits your Home for Christmas this year. Enjoy!
Carrie @ Kenarry: Ideas For The Home

1 comment