The Sparkling Corner and Chandelier

$5

Welcome all to our Home for Christmas Blog Hop!! I'm so excited about being part of a Christmas Blog Hop on my first year of blogging!
This year we have been honored to have both Hometalk.com and CountryLiving.com as our hosts!!
the sparkling corner and chandelier, christmas decorations, crafts, home decor, seasonal holiday decor
If you've been following me for some time you know I'm crazy about recycling. I love to make pretty things for my house, but it doesn't mean I can not upcycle something I have around here or make something on a budget. Christmas is a great moment for that because everything with glitter looks way better, don't you think?
It happens that we have a big chalkboard in a corner of our living room which hides a monster behind it, but that will be another post. That corner was a bit dull for me, not for the kids that come home to play with the girls, and I decided to cheer it up.
The first thing we did was a DIY joy sign.
It was really simple, we used some styrofoam, cardboard, fabric, glue and glitter. We printed some letters, cut them and traced them on the styrofoam.
I cut them because I didn't want the girls use that blade.
They brushed some glue on each letter and added some glitter. While they dried, we cut three pieces of cardboard and three pieces of fabric. Then we stapled the fabric on the cardboard and glued each letter to each panel.
The wall was done and as we recently had made a wreath for our front door, I thought a Christmas kind of chandelier would be a great addition and would add extra sparkle to the corner.
And it did, don't you agree?
We again used what we already had on hand. Yes, it may seem odd but we always have cardboard, the girls love to play and make forts with it!
We wrapped the cardboard with the tinsel and then gave it a very light coat of spray paint.
The pearls were arranged by threading them through the tinsel and letting them scallop. The same was done with the baubles.
I did the same with the cord to hang it. I love this project didn't involve any kind of glue and can be undone anytime.
Now we have a sparkling corner!
Don't miss a single blog, just check out the link ups at the bottom of this post! I'm sure, you'll love all the different ideas & styles and get inspired! Also, please watch for on social media and click on it, to find more exciting projects and decor!
Thanks so much for stopping by, have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Pili
Sweet Things - Pili

• Superbee

Is the green component on your wreath actually called "tinsel"? I note it's not exactly regular-looking garland, but I thought tinsel was those silver strands of lightweight foil, hung on the tree branches. Just wondering - (the wreath is beautiful!!)