DIY No-Sew Faux Fur Christmas Tree Skirt

This year, I'm trying to incorporate lots of Nordic inspired elements in our Christmas decor, and FUR is one of those elements! I love how cuddly and warm fur is in the winter, and I'm adding it in all sorts of fun places in our home this Christmas. Our Christmas tree looked rather naked and sad at its bottom, so I decided to make a really quick no-sew faux fur tree skirt for him, and now he's so much cozier and happier!
diy no sew faux fur christmas tree skirt, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
See? He's all warm now with his furry tree skirt.
(Lots of his lower ornaments have been removed due to our 20 month old who's rather fond of Christmas tree ornament smashing.)
To make this tree skirt, I took 2 yards of faux fur fabric and folded it into a triangle to make a perfect square. I trimmed off the excess with fabric scissors. Make sure to click on the link to my blog post at the bottom of this post to see my TOP SECRET trick to cutting faux fur!
Next, I folded the square in half and then in half again. I tied a marker to a string, held the string at the folded corner of the fabric, and pivoted the marker on the string to create a 1/4 circle shape. Then, I cut off the excess.
I used the same technique to create a smaller circular opening at the folded corner of my square (for the tree base) and cut a slit in one side of the skirt.
When opened, the tree skirt looks like this.
Finally, I glued some ribbon onto the opening like so to create ties for the tree skirt.
Sad before-furry-tree-skirt tree.
Super simple and cute, right?!
And this skirt makes such a pretty base for presents.
For more details and photos of this project, please visit my blog post. Thanks for stopping in!
Christina Dennis

• Jud1016678

BEAUTIFUL TREE and BEAUTIFUL TREE SHIRT! Could you have use Velcro instead of the ties?

• Christina Dennis

@Judysbolick Yes, any type of closure would work! I just liked the ribbon because it was a no-sew solution.

• Jane Waldmann

Pretty! I love the tree also. Is is flocked?

• Jane

Where did you get the wrapping paper? Love it! All looks really nice!

• Beverly Campbell

I love this idea and will work for this years' tree. I am in a white mode this year and my newly flocked tree will look spectacular with its' new skirt. I will be trimming the cut edge with some wide silver Christmas ribbon.....Oh I can hardly wait!! Thanks so much for your idea...I always take my projects to the next level.