Christmas Holiday Home Tour 2015 : Home for Christmas

I'm so excited. This is our first year in our new home and I'm so excited to be home for Christmas this year. Two weeks at home with the husband off work and kids off school. We are hoping to watch every Star Wars movie, can you believe I haven't seen any of them?
I just started blogging this year, so this is my very first holiday home tour. I am participating in the blog hop hosted by Hometalk.com and CountryLiving.com and I am just giddy.
christmas holiday home tour 2015 home for christmas, christmas decorations, home decor, seasonal holiday decor
So, just to keep you up to date if you've just started following me, my husband and I pack up the 2 kids and 3 dogs and moved from Virginia to Oklahoma the DAY AFTER Christmas last year. Christmas last year was a little sad with our beloved VA home all packed into boxes. What's worse is I talked my husband into an old, what our Realtor described as an "UncookieCutter", house after we had agreed that this time we were going easy and new. Here's what we walked into almost a year ago.
Potential everywhere, but she needed some work. I did tons of DIY projects in this room, many of which I have included here on Hometalk. One of my most popular projects was my DIY Birch tree paintings.
And you may remember my DIY concrete table…
So, now that all my new followers have a little background on what I've done so far, here is my holiday home tour. I'll start in the dining room, you can find links to all my DIY projects either here on Hometalk or on the blog.
Here is my table, all done up with holiday glam :).Before Thanksgiving I had never done a tablescape, but it makes the whole room look so pretty I decided to change a few things to make it Christmas-y.
I spray painted some super cheap ($3) Hobby Lobby vases gold and picked up the crazy cute plates from WalMart's Better Homes and Gardens collection.
In the corner of my dining room is my Barrel Christmas Tree.
And we couldn't have a Christmas meal without our Clark Griswold moose mugs.
The dining room is right off the main living area, very open (unlike the smallest kitchen in the universe) and spacious. I added some wreaths to the birch trees, a snowflake pillow and my very first "fancy" Christmas tree.
I always wanted a big fancy tree, even as a kid! We still have our live tree in the den and the kids loved putting all their ornaments on. Since it’s in the room with the working fireplace, we spend a lot of time back there as well.
And I found this beautiful birch tree wrapping paper and had to grab it.
And our mantle is all prettied up as well. This is a non-functioning fireplace, but don't worry we have a toasty warm one in the back. So, Amazon Prime has a fake fire and it's the next best thing ;). I love the new furry stockings!
Here is the living space at night, all lit up.
Open to this room is our gaming area, where I did my hanging ornament boards (post coming this week).
And what is one of my favorite posts to date, my industrial branch Christmas tree and winter wonderland wall.
I’ve got a few more pics on the blog, but that about covers it! I’m so glad you stopped by and a big thanks again to hometalk.com and CountryLiving.com for hosting
Thanks for reading! Check out UncookieCutter for all things DIY!
- April R - Uncookie Cutter

April R - Uncookie Cutter

1 comment
  • Cindy Jo

I'm fairly new to this site, so just saw this. Love your decorations!!! And all your home decor!