Rustic Glam Office Christmas {with DIY Wood Slice Ornaments}

I am super excited to be sharing my "Rustic Glam" Christmas office with you, along with a super simple DIY Wood Slice Ornament tutorial for the Blog Tour, hosted by Hometalk.com and CountryLiving.com! What an honor to be included in this. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
If you can say one thing about me, it is that my decorating taste spans many different styles!! Most of my Christmas decorating in my home tour was somewhat whimsical with a traditional color scheme, but there were bits of rustic/vintage mixed in here and there.
When I finished my office makeover a couple of weeks ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate even more of a rustic feel into that area with my Christmas decor, but not "fully" rustic. I wanted a flocked tree to put all of my white, glittery, glamorous ornaments on, but I also wanted to add some touches of rustic as well. I wasn't sure exactly what I had in mind, but I knew I wanted something different and DIY {because how fun it is if you BUY everything?!?}. I decided to go with wood slice ornaments. They were easy and FREE! {Easy for me, that is. Mr. Re-Fabbed is the one who did all the work! He did say it was easy for him too, though! The full tutorial can be found at the end of this post.}
rustic glam office christmas with diy wood slice ornaments, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
I do love the way the rustic wood blends with the flock and the white glitter. To me, it is the perfect contrast. Do you agree?
I love my gumball machine showing in the background. I added silver ornaments to add a little festive touch this year, instead of the traditional candy or gum. I love it. The kids? Not so much.
I didn't have a tree skirt for this tree, so I decided to use extra burlap that I had on hand. It seems to be doing the trick quite nicely!
My office is not "over the top" for Christmas, but there are several little details in there that I used to add some Christmas spirit. This cute little wooden tree that I found at At Home adds just the perfect touch to my desk. The small berry stems add a bit of color to an otherwise fairly neutral space.
There are LOTS more pictures of the Christmas details on my blog, but I want to share the tutorial for the DIY Wood Slice Ornaments now before I run out of pictures ;)
Here is the tutorial for the DIY Wood Slice Ornaments!
Supplies Needed:
Chainsaw
Cordless Drill
Branch
Twine
This is very easy and self-explanatory, really. You simply find a branch that is the size that you would like for your slices to be, get your chainsaw, cut the pices as thick or thin as you would like and drill holes into them for your twine! Then, hang on your tree. There are lots of possibilities for these. I truly think they added the perfect touch to my tree.
These are about 3x 4. I realize they look much bigger in the pictures, so I had him take a picture to show the "real" size.
For more office pictures for the tour, along with LOTS of other Christmas DIY projects, room renovations and my Christmas Home Tour, visit me over at my blog!

Brooke Riley-Re-Fabbed