5 Elements To Add For A Simple Christmas Bedroom

Hey guys, welcome back. Today I have a very fun post for you! I have partnered up with a whole bunch of bloggers to create a very fun Christmas blog hop! If you were looking for a source rich in Christmas goodness, you have come to the right place. This blog hop is also being hosted by Hometalk.com and CountryLiving.com. I mean come on! Could this get any more amazing? Hometalk and Country Living? What?
is happening now!
5 elements to add for a simple christmas bedroom, bedroom ideas, christmas decorations, seasonal holiday decor
I am really excited to share this post with you. If you are like me, Christmas can be awfully overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, and I love it so much I wanted to share it in as many rooms as possible this year. In all my years, I have never decorated my bedroom. We have innocently set a tiny tree in our kids rooms with a string of lights. Simple and easy. This was my goal for this project. Decorating your room for Christmas does not have to be an overwhelming task. It can be a quick and easy transformation.
So, I accepted the task and found 5 elements that you can easily add to your bedroom to create a winter wonderland with minimal effort or money. Here is a picture of my bedroom before.
Just a quick view anyways. I gravitate toward the simple farmhouse style. Less is more.
My first word of advice is to take inventory in your own home. Many times, I find that I have many items already in my house that I can use for specific projects.
Now, on to set it up for Christmas. Here are the 5 elements I added to create a amazing Christmas feel in my room.
Element 1
Change your sheets.
This might seem really simple. It is! I bought a bottom sheet and pillow cases from Walmart for 15 dollars that give the perfect touch that I was looking for. I chose a simple plaid pattern for my sheets. Instantly, my room began exuding Christmas. You do not have to go directly to a Christmas specific print. I stayed with a flexible print that can be used all year round, but that is more relevant in the winter.
Element 2:
Add some new pillows.
I added a pop of red that coordinated with my sheets. I made the ticking strip fabric pillow with some of my homemade grain sack cloth I made. This project was a simple for me to do. I easily made a few pillows to add some Christmas love. If you do not have time or do not want to make any, you can easily purchase just one or two pillows to add that Christmas touch.
Element 3:
Add a wreath
I was able to add 2 wreaths to my room. I purchased mine at Walmart a few years ago. These wreaths are simple and inexpensive. You do not have to spend very much to get a pretty great wreath. I buy the smaller less expensive ones to spread around my home in windows and other smaller areas.
Element 4:
Add a Christmas Tree
I bought this tree for 20 dollars from Walmart. I set my tree in an old galvanized tub that to give it that farmhouse charm that I love.
If you feel like you do not have enough room for a full size tree, you can always put a small table size tree or even smaller. The goal is to add some of that lovely evergreen that is Christmas. Even if this is the only thing you add to your room, it will transform it, and with the elegant glow of the lights, you can enjoy the season.
Element 5
Add some plaid to your room.
5 Elements to Add For A SImple Farmhouse Christmas
I am kind of obsessed with plaid, and I have in almost every room in my house. Nothing creates a warm and cozy atmosphere like a warm plaid blanket and a roaring fire. I simply added an old blanket that someone had made for my family years ago. There are so many inexpensive options around, though. If you can some instant warmth added to your room, this is one easy way.
It is very interesting how certain elements evoke certain feelings in each of us. For me, these 5 elements can create those holiday emotions and connections that we have every year. This was not a difficult or expensive project. Don't look at this kind of project as overwhelming and complicated. I was able to add these elements into my room for well under 100 dollars. Having collected things throughout the year, the only item I had to purchase this year was a set of sheets. I did not take anything out of my room or replace items. With just a few simple items, you can add some Christmas cheer to your room.
To see more of this post, check it out on my blog!

Sara Syrett

1 comment