Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU
Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU
  • Bolingbrook, IL

Twig and Plastic Cup Christmas Trees Luminaries

Although I love all that glitters and glistens at Christmas time, it's the rustic projects that give me the most Christmas cheer. Maybe it's the woodsy nature of many rustic projects that make me think of a good hearth fire on a freezing cold winter's night. And trust me, there are plenty of those in Northern Illinois. So I decided to make some nature inspired Christmas trees using twigs and clear plastic cups.
twig and plastic cup christmas trees luminaries, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
Here is a night shot, but I had to lighten it up some, or it was simply too dark.
My hope was that if I glued a bunch of twigs around a plastic cup, it would look like a Christmas tree and act like a luminary.
I can't seem to get any good night time photos, but I hope this photo gives you and idea of what I was going for.
Here is what I stated with: 3 sizes of clear plastic drinking cups.
I also needed:
- Twigs and branches collected from the outdoors
A first layer of twigs is glued around the the base of a plastic cup that has been flipped upside-down.
I used some longer twigs and some shorter twigs in each row, but for the last row up top, I made sure to use the 2" pieces no matter the size of the plastic cup.
I broke this project up into several days. Watched (or listened) to TV while I was do most of this project.
For complete details and photos of how they all turned out, you can visit the blog post link below.
Happy Holidays to All ~ Amy

Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU

• Riz34035192

Do you need to put some kind of clear coat or sealer on the twigs after project is finished?