Sara
Sara
  • Clarkston, MI

Thrift Shirt Christmas Stockings

You guys, I'm super excited to be apart of the and Holiday Hop, These stockings are super easy, affordable (thrift finds!) and look great. It took me about 25 minutes to make all three! Let's get to work!
thrift shirt christmas stockings, christmas decorations, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
I picked out three shirts from the local thrift store. I wanted something that looked "Christmas-ish," include the ever so popular plaid and the color gray. My go to color these days!
I plaid the shirt out flat, placed a stocking I already had over the shirt and traced it.
Then, I cut the stocking out (cutting both the front and back of the shirt).
I turned it inside out, pinned it then sewed it together.
Next, I cut the sleeve off another shirt. I placed the sleeve over the stocking. Leaving a little extra material on each cut, I cut the sleeve based on the width of the stocking and cute the top off based on how big I want the cuff to be.
I flipped the sleeve material inside out and slide it inside the stocking. I left about an inch of material showing and pinned that material to the stocking. It should look like this when you're done. Sew this onto the stocking.
Once the cuff is attached, pull the cuff out and lay it flat. Pin the two openings of the sleeve today and sew it together.
Finally, I cut a small strip of the stocking material and pinned it to the left hand corner of the stocking sewed it on. I ironed each stocking and then hung them! I just adore them.
For more DIY and decor, please head to my blog, www.shabbygraceblog.com. Again, special thanks to Hometalk and CountryLiving for hosting an amazing blog hop!
Sara