Sarah Cook
Sarah Cook
  • Houston, TX

Simple Chalkboard Advent Calendar

I love the idea of having a host of fun holiday activities planned out for the days leading up to Christmas. The only problem is that with the hustle and bustle of the season it can be hard to carve out time for those little extras, let alone present them all together in a pretty package.
That's why I created an advent calendar that was super simple to put together. I think it's absolutely vital to make time with your family to enjoy the season. Find the time to make happy memories together that will last a lifetime. I promise you won't regret it!
simple chalkboard advent calendar, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
I know that we're already a few days into December but there's no harm in catching up. Or you could even make a 12 days of Christmas themed advent, especially if the thought of coming up with and scheduling 25 activities seems daunting. Let me show you how I whipped my calendar up!
First, I made my activity cards by creating a Word document. I made two 7x4 tables that filled an entire page. I left the first and third rows blank and typed out my date numbers on the second and fourth rows.
I printed everything out on white card stock paper and cut out each card, making sure that each one had a blank space on top of each day.
Next, I folded the cards on the line and wrote down our activities inside.
For my calendar board I used a chalkboard menu board that I made for a previous project, but you could use anything from a picture frame to an old wooden board.
I used clear thumbtacks to attach cute red and white ribbon from one side of the frame to the other, letting the ribbon droop a bit in the middle. Then I clipped each card to the ribbon with mini clothespins. And that was it!
Be sure to check out the hashtag for tons of other holiday inspiration.
You can check out more of my holiday DIY and decor at my blog, www.LittleRedBrickHouse.com
Sarah Cook

• Hannah V

Such a lovely idea! :) I love the way they're hung with the tiny clothespins.

• The Weathered Fox

Aww I love this! I've been thinking of doing something similar. Thanks for taking the guess work out of the process :)