Home For Christmas - Elf Bottle Toppers

CHRISTMAS ELF BOTTLE TOPPERS
home for christmas elf bottle toppers, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
Happy Holidays Dear Friends.....So excited to be involved in this Home For Christmas Blog Hop, hosted by Hometalk.com & CountryLiving.com.
Bloggers from all of the country are sharing their festive and inspirational Christmas Holiday Creations.
Are you ready to deck your halls? Look no further, this blog hop is full of inspiration and projects for the best look for your home.
Come along....I would like to show you what I whipped up.
These 3 Little Santa Elf's are here to help you with your home decor, festivities and gift giving.
Fun to make & oh so cute......look at that face!
First I cut out a pattern that I would use for the Elf hats.
I sewed the long edge of the hat and the bottom edge, but you could also glue the hat and it would work.
Fold the bottom edge up twice to form the rim.
Place a pipe cleaner up into each hat.
Add a little pillow stuffing to give the hats form.
Next its time to cut the beards. I used *cashmere fiber for the beards..It is an amazing luscious soft fiber.
Cut a piece the length you want each of the elf beards. Don't worry about the bottom shape just yet!
Run a bead of hot glue along the front, inside edge of the felt hat. Be careful when pressing the beard to the hat the glue is hot! Ouch! I found out the hard way and pressed it right away....wait just a second before pressing.
Add a dot of hot glue to a wood bead and place in the center of hat. Once all done, twist the bottom of the beards between two fingers until you get a pointed look. Bend and twist hat until you get the look you want.
You handsome little devils - Elfsters.
Christmas Elf Bottle Toppers
Thanks so much for stopping by.....be sure to check out all the other fabulous bloggers links. You don't want to miss anything!
If you don't want to make your own, I have some in my shop for sale at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/farmhouse40
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
-bonbon-Farmhouse 40

• Sally Smith

what kind of fabric did you use? how can i get the pattern for the hat? love these guys. Sally

• Sally Smith

Elf bottle toppers what kind of fabric and how to get the hat pattern love the idea. Sally

• Leslie

@Sally Smith Hi Sally, it looks like Bonbon used felt and all the pattern is, is a modified elongated right angle triangle. If you look at it there is a slight curve to it which would be simple to do :) You could use cotton fabric, old colored T-shirts, an old sock but I would sew it before cutting, this is the type of thing that most any fabric would work :)

• Elaine Simmons

Where do you buy the cashmere stuffing? I have never heard of it before.