Vintage Look Christmas Sign

I've become a bit of a sign making fanatic lately. They are such a fun and economical way to decorate your home. I'd been wanting to do a little something on our porch this Christmas. I decided to remove the mirror just for the holidays and make a sign....a large sign. It's much simpler than you might think! decor signs
vintage look christmas sign, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
I completely changed the look of the front porch by just changing out the mirror for the new DIY sign.
I started out with this 24x48" piece of plywood from Home Depot for approximately $14. Sand the top and sides for a smooth surface. Stain the top & sides and then paint with 2 coats of white chalk paint. {More details on the blog}
On my blog you will find the free template to make this exact sign. You will print it out on blockposters.com for free as well.
Using carbon paper, I traced the sign onto the board.
I filled in the letters and graphics using paint pens and acrylic paints.
Distress with fine grit sand paper and apply a sealer. I glittered just the holly leaves with crystal glitter applied with Mod Podge.
I love the new, vintage look for the porch. I think Bentley does, too! You can see the full detailed tutorial as well as a supply list on my blog. Merry Christmas!

Christy @ Our Southern Home

• Liliana Wells

Sorry, I am just now catching up with Hometalk posts. This is very pretty. I will have to make it for next year. I was looking at the site you listed, BlockPosters.com, but I did not want to download anything yet. Do you know if they have other sizes available other than posters? Thanks.