DIY Outdoor Wood Stars

This year we made outdoor wood stars for the trees in instead of our traditional lights on the house. Not only are they beautiful to look at, but the whole family got involved in making them. My husband has been wanting to make the stars for years, but I always opt for the strands of lights that we hang on the house.
We had a combination of 8 foot and 4 foot stars hanging on our trees in the front and side of the house. They are hung with heavy gauge wire.
the stars are made with 1x2 pine boards and uses wood screws to attach
I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight. These might be one of my favorite outdoor lighting displays that we have done.....and my husband got his wish, and his stars. For more details and pictures of our winter wonderland, click over to the Duke Manor Farm Blog.

18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Everything Red For Canada Day
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Duke Manor Farm

• Nikki
    Nikki

These are so NEAT!!!! Did you use battery operated lights? I don't see cords hanging. I just have the hardest time with cords and running extension cords everywhere and I only have 1 outside electrical socket so it causes a problem for me to light too many thing outside.

• Judy Steffen
    Judy Steffen

Can you share a tutorial and the cut sizes? Also, it would be helpful to see the points of the stars. They are lovely.

• Karen Holsopple
    Karen Holsopple

I have one of these big beautiful stars. I wrapped it in lights and tried to hang it in our tree out front, but the tree enveloped the star :-( I think I'll try putting a pole out front to hang it from! Thanks for the idea! (sorta kinda) I thought you'd hung them from poles! lol

• Duke Manor Farm
    Duke Manor Farm

The wires are wrapped around the tree. luckily the cords aren't too obtrusive. Happy Holidays.