DIY Faux Christmas Boxwood Wreath That Lights Up

$30

For about ten million years I’ve wanted a boxwood wreath to hang in my home somewhere and look gorgeous. I love the boxwood look and have fallen madly in love with boxwood wreaths even more thanks to my trusty friend Pinterest. So I decided to make one and in the process make it light up with pretty Christmas lights.
I snapped up a couple of 2 metre long plastic boxwood vines which to be honest where quite ugly, but I saw the potential and I knew I wanted to make a faux boxwood wreath so was happy with my $5.00 bargain.
What you need for this project:
Plastic Boxwood Plant or Vines (I used 2 x 2 metre vines)
14 inch round hay wreath
Hot Glue
Thick Ribbon (of your choice)
Fairy lights (battery operated and 1-2 metres long)
I started by attaching the fairy lights to the hay wreath. I weaved the fairy lights between the string wrapped around the hay wreath but found my fairy lights didn’t want to cooperate so I used a little hot glue as well to hold it all down the way I wanted to. I only added a little in certain places where the lights would not sit flat.
I took apart my boxwood vines and begin by hot glueing a small amount of the boxwood onto your wreath.
From here I worked backwards so you can not see the stems and the wreath becomes full and lush.
As I started building on my wreath I added larger bunches of boxwood to fill it up and save me time. I made sure to add boxwood all through the wreath, on the inside of the wreath as well as the outside and top to make it look as full as possible. I didn’t do the back because I didn’t feel it needed it and it’s a waste of materials. But if you're displaying it on a window I would suggest full the back also.
Nearing the end!
Once I finished glueing all of the boxwood to my wreath I tied ribbon on to the top of the wreath ready for hanging. I chose to keep it simple. I made the ribbon long so I can hang it on my front door out around the house. I also decided to make a pretty bow and glue it to the bottom. I love how it turned out. Makes it feel so Christmasy. You don't have to do this and can leave it plain or find a less permanent way to stick on your bow so you can use your faux boxwood wreath all year long.
There you have it. It was time consuming but I love the end result and I love how it looks all lit up! So pretty at night.
If you wish to see the full tutorial with more photos and a more detailed tutorial then head to my blog for the full post.

Maria @ Pastels And Macarons

• Cso13716987

The end result is beautiful, love congratulations !!!

• Patricia

Beautiful! I need a wreath for my front door, this is one of the best I've seen that is fairly simple to make.