DIY Bathroom Shelf for a Razor and Beard Trimmer #Bathroom #DIYgifts

$5

I cannot stand the look of clutter on counter tops. It's one of those pet peeves I have. And my husband doesn't mind it (if he doesn't know where something goes, he just leaves it out). I've taken care of the kitchen counter top pretty well, but our master bathroom is another story. Mostly because we have my stuff and my husband's stuff. I would love to put some of it into a drawer but some of it can't
diy bathroom shelf for a razor and beard trimmer bathroom diygifts, bathroom ideas, diy, shelving ideas, woodworking projects
Here is his side of the vanity. It's not horrible but it get really annoying when I have to plug in my curling iron and there is no room on the counter to put it.
For the shelf, I cut two boards the same length and then cut a square dowel the same length.
On the back piece of wood, I drilled holes to screw some dowels into the board.
I then nailed the two boards together and glued the dowel onto the it.
Then I painted it a pretty aqua :).
I put it onto the wall and put his shaving stuff onto it. The dowels are perfect for holding up his razor and accessories.
This is a great solution if you don't have a lot of storage space, either on the counter or in the drawers. It's super easy to make (I did it 100% myself). If you don't need the dowels, you can leave those out and just have a little shelf for toiletries. Make sure to check out my blog post for all the dimensions and step by step instructions.
Kaysi Gardner

• Tina

I like the shelf idea. I have unrelated question. I have the same large tiles on my kitchen countertops and really want to update. I have searched Pinterest with no luck. Have you ever seen these updated without tearing up and starting over? Thanks

• Pam

Granite overlay is a system where they have a thinner granite that has an L in the front of the granite. It’s thick enough to where it sits on top of your current countertops, whether it’s formica, Corian, whatever it is, it sits right on top. You don’t remove your current countertops and it goes right in. Well, that seems like an awesome option.

I used this option over tile and now have granite w/o a tear out. search in your area, i live in denver and used granite restoration

hope this. helps

• Maryann Lindner

how did you do so much tallent?

• I have a mirror that stretches all the way across......double sided tape?

• Rogea

WD-40 and a razor blade scraper removes old adhesive from mirrors without scratching. Follow with rubbing alcohol and paper towels to remove the WD-40.

• Ret Grant

All I could add would be a clear plexiglass cover. Reason: When you flush the toilet a fine mist settles on everything in the bathroom from the stool. It was tested with dye in the water and it is disgusting. I also do not leave toothbrushes out and unprotected.

• Rogea

Better cover the closed lid with an old towel to wash with underwear, no more unsanitary than the toilet brush in the corner

• Ret Grant

True, not as much sprays around the area other than the toilet. Next time you lift the lid you will be getting the contained filth on your hands. Be sure to wipe down the lid the seat and areas right next to the toilet with a disinfectant regularly.

Remember if you leave things out that not everyone will remember to lower the lid first.

I don't like those self flushing, no lid toilets in public restrooms much either.