DIY Bathroom Shelf for a Razor and Beard Trimmer #Bathroom #DIYgifts

$5

I cannot stand the look of clutter on counter tops. It's one of those pet peeves I have. And my husband doesn't mind it (if he doesn't know where something goes, he just leaves it out). I've taken care of the kitchen counter top pretty well, but our master bathroom is another story. Mostly because we have my stuff and my husband's stuff. I would love to put some of it into a drawer but some of it can't go into drawers because they are messy (like the after shave and cream). So instead of having them on the counter, I made a little shelf where he can put them onto and it looks a little more organized and less cluttered. This is also a great gift idea for your man :).
Here is his side of the vanity. It's not horrible but it get really annoying when I have to plug in my curling iron and there is no room on the counter to put it.
For the shelf, I cut two boards the same length and then cut a square dowel the same length.
On the back piece of wood, I drilled holes to screw some dowels into the board.
I then nailed the two boards together and glued the dowel onto the it.
Then I painted it a pretty aqua :).
I put it onto the wall and put his shaving stuff onto it. The dowels are perfect for holding up his razor and accessories.
This is a great solution if you don't have a lot of storage space, either on the counter or in the drawers. It's super easy to make (I did it 100% myself). If you don't need the dowels, you can leave those out and just have a little shelf for toiletries. Make sure to check out my blog post for all the dimensions and step by step instructions.

Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Kaysi Gardner

• Tina
    Tina

I like the shelf idea. I have unrelated question. I have the same large tiles on my kitchen countertops and really want to update. I have searched Pinterest with no luck. Have you ever seen these updated without tearing up and starting over? Thanks
    • Diana speraw
      Diana speraw

Wallpops.com -Check it out to find a solution to cover your existing tile.

• Maryann Lindner
    Maryann Lindner

how did you do so much tallent?

• Laura Catherine Mercado
    Laura Catherine Mercado

I have a mirror that stretches all the way across......double sided tape?
    • Evelyn Church.
      Evelyn Church.

We are home now. After a gruelling flight home. When we realized it was urgent that we get home, we arranged 1st of all to get out of Fiji, we had 1 hour to pack and be ready in the lobby to get to the airport. After a 2 hour ride with another couple in a van we made it on time. We had no trouble getting out of Fiji & fly to L.A. (a 9hour flight, then we ran into a snag. Since our passage was booked for 4 days down the road, they wanted us to fly out March

• Deborah Fuller
    Deborah Fuller

I would prefer to pay you to make me a couple and paint them .lol

• Donna Rust
    Donna Rust

I have looked for some time for wire shelving to get clutter off the countertop! This is a great idea and I can do it myself with scrap lumber!! Thank you!!!