DIY Bathroom Shelf for a Razor and Beard Trimmer #Bathroom #DIYgifts

$5

I cannot stand the look of clutter on counter tops. It's one of those pet peeves I have. And my husband doesn't mind it (if he doesn't know where something goes, he just leaves it out). I've taken care of the kitchen counter top pretty well, but our master bathroom is another story. Mostly because we have my stuff and my husband's stuff. I would love to put some of it into a drawer but some of it can't go into drawers because they are messy (like the after shave and cream). So instead of having them on the counter, I made a little shelf where he can put them onto and it looks a little more organized and less cluttered. This is also a great gift idea for your man :).
Here is his side of the vanity. It's not horrible but it get really annoying when I have to plug in my curling iron and there is no room on the counter to put it.
For the shelf, I cut two boards the same length and then cut a square dowel the same length.
On the back piece of wood, I drilled holes to screw some dowels into the board.
I then nailed the two boards together and glued the dowel onto the it.
Then I painted it a pretty aqua :).
I put it onto the wall and put his shaving stuff onto it. The dowels are perfect for holding up his razor and accessories.
This is a great solution if you don't have a lot of storage space, either on the counter or in the drawers. It's super easy to make (I did it 100% myself). If you don't need the dowels, you can leave those out and just have a little shelf for toiletries. Make sure to check out my blog post for all the dimensions and step by step instructions.

3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Kaysi Gardner

• Tina

I like the shelf idea. I have unrelated question. I have the same large tiles on my kitchen countertops and really want to update. I have searched Pinterest with no luck. Have you ever seen these updated without tearing up and starting over? Thanks
    • Diana speraw

Wallpops.com -Check it out to find a solution to cover your existing tile.

• Maryann Lindner

how did you do so much tallent?

• Laura Catherine Mercado

I have a mirror that stretches all the way across......double sided tape?
    • Evelyn Church.

We are home now. After a gruelling flight home. When we realized it was urgent that we get home, we arranged 1st of all to get out of Fiji, we had 1 hour to pack and be ready in the lobby to get to the airport. After a 2 hour ride with another couple in a van we made it on time. We had no trouble getting out of Fiji & fly to L.A. (a 9hour flight, then we ran into a snag. Since our passage was booked for 4 days down the road, they wanted us to fly out March