DIY Bathroom Shelf for a Razor and Beard Trimmer #Bathroom #DIYgifts

$5

I cannot stand the look of clutter on counter tops. It's one of those pet peeves I have. And my husband doesn't mind it (if he doesn't know where something goes, he just leaves it out). I've taken care of the kitchen counter top pretty well, but our master bathroom is another story. Mostly because we have my stuff and my husband's stuff. I would love to put some of it into a drawer but some of it can't go into drawers because they are messy (like the after shave and cream). So instead of having them on the counter, I made a little shelf where he can put them onto and it looks a little more organized and less cluttered. This is also a great gift idea for your man :).
Here is his side of the vanity. It's not horrible but it get really annoying when I have to plug in my curling iron and there is no room on the counter to put it.
For the shelf, I cut two boards the same length and then cut a square dowel the same length.
On the back piece of wood, I drilled holes to screw some dowels into the board.
I then nailed the two boards together and glued the dowel onto the it.
Then I painted it a pretty aqua :).
I put it onto the wall and put his shaving stuff onto it. The dowels are perfect for holding up his razor and accessories.
This is a great solution if you don't have a lot of storage space, either on the counter or in the drawers. It's super easy to make (I did it 100% myself). If you don't need the dowels, you can leave those out and just have a little shelf for toiletries. Make sure to check out my blog post for all the dimensions and step by step instructions.

Kaysi Gardner

• Tina

I like the shelf idea. I have unrelated question. I have the same large tiles on my kitchen countertops and really want to update. I have searched Pinterest with no luck. Have you ever seen these updated without tearing up and starting over? Thanks
    • Diana speraw

Wallpops.com -Check it out to find a solution to cover your existing tile.

• Maryann Lindner

how did you do so much tallent?

• Laura Catherine Mercado

I have a mirror that stretches all the way across......double sided tape?
    • Rogea

WD-40 and a razor blade scraper removes old adhesive from mirrors without scratching. Follow with rubbing alcohol and paper towels to remove the WD-40.