Shower Curtain Ring Christmas Tree

I'm always trying to find new ways to use ordinary things... like plastic shower curtain rings for example.
I found a large bag of shower curtain rings at the thrift store for $1, and then I got an idea.
Here are the shower curtain rings that I used. I spray primed one side using Rustoleum spray primer before I remembered to take a photo. Here's the other side ready to be primd.
Here are my supplies.. the primed rings and an 8" cork circle hot mat that I got at the dollar store.
Using my glue gun I applied the first row of rings to the spray primed cork circle, and then I started working my way up and slightly inward with each level. I roughly laid out each level before gluing. Here's my tree with three levels done.
I kept working my way up and in with each level. There's no real plan to this, you just have to figure it out as you go. It does take a little patience.
Here's my 12" tall tree with all the rings in place. All one hundred and two of them. Some of the spray primer came off in spots because I did some repositioning as I went along. I didn't worry about it because it was going to be covered up.
I used mostly shower curtain rings, and then a few smaller regular curtain rings for the top of the tree.
I spray painted the tree with two light coats of Rustoleum Ultra Cover White, letting it dry well in between coats. While the second coat was still wet I sprinkled the tree with a lot of silver glitter.
I let the tree dry for a few hours and then I gave it a coat of Tremclad Spray Urethane because that's what I had on hand. Then I added a silver toned thrifted $1 brooch from my stash as the tree topper. I love using thrifted jewellery in my crafts.
And my finished shower curtain ring Christmas tree is all glittered up and ready for the holiday season

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Color Me Thrifty