Brenda M
Brenda M
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Entry Cabinets - From Horrible to Adorable :)

We don't use our front entry, so the space was neglected, and looked terrible. I needed to use the space for storage, and I desperately wanted it to look less ugly! Our new shelves make use of all of the space, and are not the eyesore they once were!
Finished cabinets.
Finished cabinets.
Room for storing all of our extra paper products!
Beadboard wallpaper behind shelves.
Beadboard wallpaper behind shelves.
The awful 'before'.
The awful 'before'.
Brenda M

• Jeanette S

Love this! I think people are beginning to understand that a home is to live in and make suitable for your family's needs rather than being a show place...but it can be pretty too. My only thing is I hate to see toilet paper exposed at the front door...perhaps another couple of baskets are needed! I you cannot find them to match, coordinate! HA! Or cover a couple of small boxes in wrapping paper.

• Brenda M

Thanks so much @At The Picket Fence and @Miriam I! @Jeanette S - lol! I see your point, but we never, ever use that door! The space where the shelves are is actually the least visible spot in the whole house! :) (I have considered baskets, but their up so high which means pulling down the basket every time. Probably should have done that for the picture though! ) I loved your comment!

• Gladys

@Brenda M LOL! Yes, I did too! Jeanette S leaves some extremely good comments. You made a very nice transformation of your storage area!