Linda B
Linda B
  • Trumbull, CT

Succulent Plants and Butterflies

Lately I've been really interested in succulent plants and there are so many varieties out there! Home Depot just got in such a beautiful assortment of succulents priced from $3. to $20. from which I brought home several. Then I went to the Connecticut Flower Show and they had even MORE and DIFFERENT kinds of succulents so I selected some to take home from there also. Well, I have 2 tabletops filled with them and I wanted to incorporate something colorful with them so I thought about the paper butterflies that I make. So here are some pictures of paper butterflies and succulent plants. Hope you like them. Linda
succulent plants and butterflies, flowers, gardening, succulents
Linda B

• Sheila H

Roberta's Gardens on QVC had Hen's and Chicks, some I hadn't seen before, beautiful...some even grow webs. I live in Florida so succulents are a God Send here. They used them as borders, I've had mine about 2 weeks now and the Hens are already growing their "little chicks"

• Peg

Linda, through my own trial and error over the years with succulents, make sure you get them out of those plastic pots and into clay pots with good drainage. Eventually most of the plants will die off, the roots will rot, especially if there's too much water. I add small pebbles and sand to my mixture, they don't need the same soil as other houseplants that may be rich in nutrient and organic matter. Good Luck!