Olwen
Olwen
  • Philippines
Asked on Mar 17, 2013

would you know the names of these cacti? any suggestions are welcome. TY

DeeLeta HigginsTracey T
+4

would you know the names of these cacti any suggestions are welcome ty, gardening
  • Those all look like different barrel cactus - as for scientific & common names you might want to try here: http://cactiguide.com/ (try searching by common name barrel for all & possibly golden for the second one)

That is exactly the site I was going to send you to, Olwen. Among the other features, you can do a search starting by shape: http://www.cactiguide.com/habitsearch/

• Tracey T

I think you have all the right info to help you so I will stay away from that, I just want to tell you that you have some nice looking pots and if you look under the green one I think you will find the name McCoy on it, these are collectibles, I just thought I'd better let you know! Let me know if you see it there..

• Tracey T

@Irene Beautiful stories to pass down! I loved it myself! I would love to see photos of all their beauties. Please do share, I bet a lot of us would love to see them as well. Thank you for commenting back!!!

• Leta Higgins

I have most, if not all, of these in my backyard. I try to plant for the drought restrictions we have had the last several years. These cacti bloom all summer which is about 6 months for us! I also have planted mostly Texas native plants and trees to cut down on our water bill!

• Dee

I dont know about McCoy the white pot looks the same as the green one.Did McCoy make white pots?